Incandescent, bayonet type bulbs replacement
Direct replacement LED bulbs for bayonet type incandescent bulbs.
2 styles available:
· Negative center contact
· Positive center contact
To determine which style is required, conduct the following test outlined below.
Tools Required: Voltage Meter
Test procedure for installed units
· Ensure tank is full and unit is connected to power
· Remove a known working bulb from the display
· Connect the black lead of the voltage meter to ground
· Place the red lead on the center contact of the bulb socket
· If the voltage meter reads 12 Volts, a Positive Center Contact LED is
· If the voltage meter reads 0 Volts, continue testing by connecting the red
lead of voltage meter to power and the black lead to the center
contact of the bulb socket
· The meter should now read 12 Volts indicating that a Negative Center
Contact LED is required
Test procedure to bench test units
· With the unit connected to power, short pin # 1 to pin # 5. The full light
· Remove the full bulb and conduct the above test to determine the style
· To assure highest visibility, bulb color must match lens color.