Locate a position on pump panel for the display module. Mark and cut out the
3.5"L x 1.85" W display module opening. The bezel can be used as a template
to mark and drill the (4) 8-32 x 1/4" corner mounting holes onto the panel.
Using the 4 supplied #8 sheet metal screws, mount the bezel and display
module to the panel.
5 wires exit the rear of the display module
1) Brown covered wire is used with an external alarm, if used. Route to
external alarm. It is the hot wire and will be 12 volt DC as unit activates
and remains hot until sensor deactivates. If not used, coil and attach to
the rear of the display module (connector will prevent shorting to the
2) Black covered wire (1' long) and should be connected to the chassis
3) Red covered wire is the power supply and should be connected to 12 volt
4& 5) Black covered wires (12' long) connect to the sensor using the supplied
connectors, white dielectric grease has been applied to the female
connector to assist in the corrosion free connection
Locate position of the sensor, selecting a location that is:
1) flat to allow a good mating of the sensor to unit being monitored
2) clean so as to achieve a good bond between the sensor mounting bracket and the
3) and will not be affected by external heat sources i.e. exhaust pipes
Clean the selected area where the mounting bracket will be attached, using a wire
brush and denatured solvent alcohol to assure a clean surface for best adhesion
Mix the supplied 2 part epoxy thoroughly for 30 seconds
Using supplied epoxy, glue bracket over sensor. This will hold sensor to the
Hold the mating parts in place until initial set occurs
Push the test switch. The 2 lights will light and then begin to flash. If there is an
external alarm it will be activated when lights go on. Indicator will activate when
sensor reaches approximatley 125 degrees (+ or - 5 degree variance).
NOTE: Do not mount sensor near mufflers, exhaust pipes or hot transfer case side of
pump housing. This may cause alarm to activate prematurely.